Thursday, March 11, 2010

Makeup Reviews

I love makeup! I love experimenting with different makeup techniques! Now everyone knows MAC Cosmetics are THE BEST (at least in my opinion). But MAC is also expensive, especially compared to drugstore brands like Covergirl.
There are many cosmetic brands that are way cheaper then Covergirl and definitly MAC. But when do you skimp and when don't you?

ELF or Eyes Lips Face Cosmetics are for the most part the cheapest, but not always the best. You can get many products from them for only $1.
I have been using ELF products for the past two years. Some I have had good experiences with and some are just sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer.
I have found ELF brushes to be a great and cheap alternative to the more expensive brushes, tho they don't have the biggest selection. But they range from $3-$5. For a larger selection, Sonia Kashick (sp) is a little more expensive, but has a great selection. You can get a great set of Sonia Kashick brushes from Target for
about $12.
ELF also makes good eye shadows which run anywhere from $1-$3, but once again not the largest selection. If you're gonna go for ELF eyeshadows, I'd definitly recommend also purchasing their eye primer which is only $3.

When it comes to cream eyeshadow, I love Wet N Wild. You can get a pallet for about $5 and it last ALL day! I also like Wet N Wilds liquid eye liner which is $3 and comes in a variety of different colors.

Foundation I don't skimp on. Manly because my complexion is hard to match and when buying drugstore brands I usually have to mix. For my foundations, I love MAC, because not only does it match my skin tone perfectly, but I dont have to touch up through out the day. It does retail for about $30 but well worth it.
You dont want to skimp on foundations. A cheap foundation can cause breakouts and rashes. You also want your foundation to blend well with no lines.
If you dont want to spend $30 for foundation, Cover Girl makes a great foundation and many collections (including Queen) to pick from. Cover Girl also has a great collection of eye shadows, lipsticks and liners.

Maintaining your makeup can also help cut the cost. A good brush cleaner is a must. Once again, this is an area I choose not to skimp, and go with MAC brush cleanser which cost $12. Keeping your brushes clean is a must! If you dont want to buy a cleanser, trying using a gentle soap and a paper towel to clean them. Also store your make up in a cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment