Thursday, February 25, 2010

Get that red carpet look

Most celebrities wear dresses that are either customer designed
or inspired by them. Now unless you're Tyra Banks or Angelina Jolie
that probably won't happen.
But you can still get a custom made dress for a great price!
For New Years I wanted a fabulous dress that complimented me.
So I went online, looked at my favorite celebrity fashions.
Next I searched the local art schools, craigslist and friends of friends for seamstress
once I narrowed my choices down, I examined their work.
How was the stiching? The last thing you want is sloppy stiching.
I also asked for references. How long would it take for
them to finish my dress? Was it an acceptable time frame?
Once I found a seamstress who was up to
my standards, I went to fabric row and picked up some
fabulous materiel. Yes, it was a little more
costly then Joannes, Walmart, or Franks.
But fabric stores have a better selection, and
better quality fabrics. The fabric for my dress cost about $30.
The seamstress charged me $200 to make my dress.
Next I needed shoes. My dress is a deep red, so it's very hard to find
the same color to match. So I visited David's Bridal.
I bought a pair of dyable shoes in the style I liked. Then I sent them
off with a piece of sample material to be dyed.
Total cost of shoes- $60.

No comments:

Post a Comment